Being a grower is hard work – making your farm an “AgSense® Farm” helps simplify your processes, for smarter, simpler monitoring and decision making in real time. The AgSense Farm is part of a suite of smart irrigation solutions from Valley® that bring information together at your fingertips for reliable, instant access.
Remote Monitoring Solutions For Your Entire Farm
AgSense has solutions for the entire farm, all stored safely in the cloud and available on the app from anywhere in the world. The best part is that every solution from AgSense is visible on the same dashboard that sends alert text messages or emails, and every unit has the most advanced historical reporting in the industry. We are constantly changing to adapt to the needs of our growers.
Valley and AgSense have paired together to make your farming easier.
When it comes to remote farm management, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. This is why it’s important to start with some basic questions:
- What are my goals?
- What is the application?
When you’ve determined those answers, you’ll be able to jump into more detailed considerations, such as:
Do I need to remotely start and stop my center pivots? Or do I just need to receive notifications and have simple monitoring capabilities?
There are several options to help you achieve whatever it is you want to do:
- For full control of Valley ICON® panels, there’s ICON Link built into every ICON panel.
- To gain full control of Valley digital panels, we offer CommanderVP.
- Many growers have pivots from more than one manufacturer. Field Commander® is designed for control of all pivot brands.
- To monitor T-L hydraulic pivots, AgSense offers Field Commander Solar.
From pump to pivot, AgSense has you covered.
Are the irrigation pumps hard-wired into the panel, or do I need to monitor and control remote pumps?
- ICON Link, CommanderVP® and Field Commander can start and stop pumps.
- Crop Link® Pro/Lite can start, stop and monitor remote pumps and flow meters.
Does the NRCS or any other agency require me to monitor flow?
- If so, almost every type of AgSense unit will monitor a flow meter, including CommanderVP, ICON Link, Crop Link Pro/Lite, Aqua Trac Pro and Aqua Trac Lite.
How many soil types are in my field? (Knowing this will help you best determine where soil moisture monitoring makes sense.)
- Aqua Trac Pro/Lite monitor soil moisture probes and sensors; these are generally placed in the majority of soil types in a field.
How often do I drive around my farm checking water, fuel and other tank levels?
- Crop Link Pro/Lite and Aqua Trac Pro can all read explosive and non-explosive liquid and gas tank levels.
- They also read pond levels!
Use Weather Station to read wind speed, wind direction, temperature, and more to better utilize your resources.
How far apart are my fields? Weather can vary drastically within a couple of miles.
- AgSense Weather Station and Crop Link Pro can read weather sensors:
Rain, wind speed, wind direction, temperature, humidity, solar radiation, barometric pressure, leaf wetness, evapotranspiration (ET Gauge).
- All AgSense units read rain and at least one type of weather sensor:- Field Commander – rain, evapotranspiration
- CommanderVP – temperature, rain, evapotranspiration
- ICON Link – temperature, rain, evapotranspiration
- Crop Link – humidity, leaf wetness, solar radiation, barometric pressure, wind direction, temperature, wind speed, rain, evapotranspiration
- Aqua Trac – temperature, rain, evapotranspiration
- AgSense Weather Station – wind speed, wind direction, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, rain, solar radiation, evapotranspiration
How do I monitor grain temperature and control fans during a hot, dry season?
- Grain Temperature monitoring is available through TSGC in Spirit Lake, IA. This application allows growers to monitor grain temperature, as well as all of the weather sensors available for Crop Link.
- In addition to monitoring, growers can control up to four fans with one unit.
Integrating AgSense technology in your farm can tie your operation together.
Turn Your Operation into a #SmartFarm
Valley gives you the ability to combine various individual AgSense hardware and software components to create a comprehensive full-field irrigation and data management solution. Pivot and pump monitoring and control, remote implementation of variable rate irrigation prescriptions, comprehensive historical reporting, along with flow, pressure, grain bin temperature, tank levels, soil moisture and weather monitoring are all available at your fingertips from anywhere.
As you can see, AgSense by Valley is your prescription for success, allowing you to call the shots from anywhere. For more information, contact your local AgSense dealer or visit agsense.com.