July 10, 2014, by Kelly Downing
Valley® is joining the celebration of Smart Irrigation Month by helping growers maximize water-use efficiency.
Smart Irrigation Month is a public awareness campaign to promote efficient water use and highlights effective practices and innovative technologies to:
- Increase crop yield per acre.
- Apply water and nutrient inputs more precisely for improved results with no waste.
- Minimize runoff and top soil erosion.
- Help protect and preserve water supplies for today and the future.
Center pivot and linear irrigation machines deliver exactly the right amount of water at the right time. Efficient irrigation:
- Precisely applies water and nutrients to minimize evaporation, runoff and waste.
- Generates more crop per drop.
- Adjust watering automatically to account for rain and other conditions.
- Minimizes overwatering
Join the cause and help protect our global water resources. Every drop counts! Learn more atwww.smartirrigationmonth.org.
Smart Irrigation Month is an initiative of the Irrigation Association, a non-profit industry organization dedicated to promoting efficient irrigation.