BaseStation3™ from Valley® is an industry-leading, remote management technology product. With BaseStation3, you can communicate with your devices from anywhere you are in the world. With the abundance of features available in BaseStation3, there are likely some you may not know about. Check out a few of the abilities you can have with the software’s easy-to-use interface.
Center pivots are just the beginning
1. BaseStation3 can do more than just irrigation monitoring. You can monitor and control a number of device types, including center pivots, standard linear machines, auxiliary outputs, soil moisture probes, flow meters, pump stations, engine interfaces and even AgSense® devices - providing added visibility to your entire operation.
2. It comes standard with a number of interface customization options including color theme, language, units of measure, and main screen preferences.
Multiple options to customize the revolutions of your machine
3. Patented Cruise Control™ allows the user to set a time period for their pivot irrigation machine to travel a specified number of degrees.
4. Destination ETA is a feature specific to BaseStation3 that allows you to calculate the duration of a running cycle until it reaches a certain spot in the field.
5. The Pass Counter will count how many passes a pivot makes over a specific point in the current running cycle.
6. With the Stop-in-Slot (SIS) feature, you can tell your pivot to stop when it gets to a certain spot in the field.
7. Using SIS with the Irrigation Cycle feature, you can tell the center pivot how many passes to make over a specific spot until it makes its final stop.
Variable rate irrigation - putting water where you need it
8. Variable rate irrigation (VRI) hardware and software allows you to precisely customize water application based on a number of field variables. With BaseStation3, you can load and manage prescriptions for VRI Speed Control and VRI Zone Control applications. Through the VRI view in BaseStation3, you can monitor and control when prescriptions for each pivot are running, which prescriptions are running, and the progress of the application – all from a single view.
Add-on modules - custom for your application
9. BaseStation3 users have the option to purchase add-on modules, providing them with premium features including field re-entry warnings, advanced reporting and SCADA integration. Please contact your local Valley dealer for more information about turning these features on.
10. BaseStation3 integrates with Valley Irrigation Exchange®, where users can take advantage of partner services by sharing operational data. This provides you with extended abilities through third-party integration.
There are a number of resources available to learn more about irrigation monitoring and BaseStation3:
- Quick Tip videos on the Valley Irrigation YouTube Channel
- BaseStation3 FAQs on valleyirrigation.com
- Online training courses through irrigation.education
- BaseStation3 Owners Manual on valleyirrigation.com
Now that you know more about the great features available with BaseStation3, it’s time you check out the best offer yet on this remote management solution. Managing your pivots from anywhere with BaseStation3 has never been more affordable. Right now, get a free base unit hardware set with the purchase of at least 10 RTUs (Remote Telemetry Units) – over a $10,000 value! Click here to learn more about this limited-time offer.
Of course, your local Valley dealer is an excellent source for BaseStation3 support, and is always available to assist with further questions.
Did you enjoy this article? Check out these next:
Doing Soil Moisture Monitoring the Right Way
5 Ways to Connect Your Farm Using Irrigation Monitring for Pivots
5 New Reasons It's Time to Install Center Pivot Telemetry